I came home yesterday on a long break after four long years. I was away in Kolkata completing my engineering degree. I will be starting my work-life in October. Until then, I am looking forward to a blissful holiday season. And guess who welcomed me to it? These little babies!
I found these sweeties on my way to the market with my mother. They were lurching under some shrubs in my neighbour’s garden. I wish I had a better camera to capture their playful moments.
Two Important Announcements!
Okay! Now moving onto the important announcements that I promised.
First and foremost, my book Bound by Life is available for FREE on Kindle on 1st and 2nd July. And since it’s already 1st, you can directly hop onto Amazon and download it for FREE on your Kindle device/app. I have worked pretty hard writing it and nothing is more fulfilling for me than having more and more people read it. If possible, share this information with as many of your friends and acquaintances as you can. As the saying goes, sharing is caring. I’d be grateful to you all for this huge favour.
Here’s the Amazon link of the book:
Second, this month in Saturday Specials, one of the regular features on my blog, I have decided to revive the guest post concept once again. I had done it earlier in May and it was a great success. Unlike last time, this time I am introducing a specific topic. The topic for July Guest Posts is:
Re-living the classics
I am sure you all have your favourite books from the good old era. Are you an Austen fan? Is Hemingway your way? Or is it Dickens? Whatever it is, bring it on. Re-read your favourite classic (or read the one you’ve always meant to but have put off for a long time) and write a review of it. I will publish that review on my blog as a guest post. I am also open to reviews of classics in languages other than English.
You’re wondering now, ‘What’s in it for me?’ Let me tell you what is.
- You’re going to read a classic either for the first or the umpteenth time. That in itself is a big catch. I know you’re busy at school/work. But hey, you love reading, right? So, come on! I challenge you.
- By guest posting you increase your audience. Along with your post I will publish links to your blog in the guest post. My readers are likely to be different from yours, so by guest posting you have a great chance to widen your readership. Maybe someone will love your writing and click on the link to your blog and start following you!
If you’re willing (which I hope you really are because the success of my Saturday Specials this time lies in your hand and I trust you), please note the following:
- July has four Saturdays, so we have spots for four guest posts. Hurry or someone else might snatch your place!
- The review must be previously unpublished on your blog. It’s okay if you’ve reviewed it on GoodReads/Amazon, though. In that case, it’d be nice if you add something to the old review.
- Use the contact form below to mention your name, email and which book you wish to review. Remember, the name of the book you wish to review is crucial because we don’t want the same book to be reviewed by all.
- After your post has been published on this blog you will be notified of the same through email. I ask you to reblog the post then on your blog so that your readers/followers can get a taste of it.
Since the first Saturday might be way too soon for you to write a review, I have a backup plan of placing my own review of a classic this Saturday. But I’d love nothing more than you surprising me with one of yours this weekend.
So, my dear bloggers, are you ready? Jump to the contact form and start filling! Hope to hear from you soon.