I am way, way too late in posting this, but better late than never, eh? The wonderful Trudy at Rendezvous en New York nominated me for the Infinity Dreams Award about a month ago. I was a bit caught up at the moment and couldn’t get on with the response-post, but thank you so much Trudy for the nomination. I met Trudy while taking a Blogging University course and enjoyed interacting with her. She writes about her experiences in New York in her blog, besides other things, so if you wanna know New York up close, do visit her blog.
1.Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2.Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
3.Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4.Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
11 Facts about Myself:
- I have no idea why tea is so important to people. I’d have some Cold Coffee at Cafe Coffee Day anytime, but I am not a coffee person, either. Find it weird, anyone?
- Music doesn’t speak to me. Yes, I do occasionally hum tunes, but I don’t have any music stored in my hard disk. My phone has only four songs! Oh, and don’t ask what they are.
- Popular fiction is great, but literary fiction is my thing.
- I will travel inter-state for the first time in my life later this year.
- The strongest love relationships that I have stemmed from an initial hate. Case in point: Tyrion Lannister, and recently, Jaime Lannister too.
- Height has always been one of my complexes.
- I hated computers in school. I took up electronics engineering in college to stay away from programming. Only, computers don’t quite leave you in the 21st century, do they?
- I have wanted to learn French since third year of college. I know ‘oi’ is pronounced as ‘owa’ in French and I am so proud of myself for that!
- I love blogging. And I love turning non-bloggers to blogger all the more. Since I started blogging on WordPress I had a teacher, a roommate and a cousin start blogging as well! A pat on the back, you say? Merci. Merci beau coup!
- The last movie I truly liked was Two Days, One Night.
- I think squirrels are as cute as rabbits, if not more.
My Answers to Trudy’s Questions:
1.How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging on Scribbles@Arpita since March, 2015, but I had been blogging on Blogger on and off since 2011.
2.What made you start blogging?
I would answer that w.r.t to this blog, Scribbles@Arpita. The motivation to start this blog is written plainly in my very first post. Please check it out.
3.How do you relax?
Actually, I don’t. Whatever I do seems like work to me! Jokes apart, I binge-watch Castle or read a book or simply have a chat with my mother or a friend on the phone.
4.What is your favorite season? And why?
I love the start of every season (after that the extremes each brings becomes too much for me). But if I were to choose a favourite, it would probably be winter. I love how the colours break all around me during winters: the colourful roses, marigold, dahlias and so many other flowers that suddenly sprout up in every garden of the neighbourhood.
5.Do you cook? Do you enjoy it?
I am only recently learning to cook, with help from my mother and I absolutely love it. I was afraid of fire and sharp objects before. Learning to cook have helped me overcome my fears. Most importantly, now I do not (hopefully) have to depend on the pathetic food when I live outside home again.
6.What is your favorite type of music?
Like I said, not a music person this one. But occasionally some Bollywood music catches my ears and I keep humming it until my mother gets bugged and begs me to stop.
7.What is your favorite television show?
I like TV interviews, detective series. Castle, for example! White Collar is another favourite. But GoT beats them all.
8.Are you a morning or night person?
9.Are you a sweet or savory person?
Sweet, I guess. But I am no judge of myself.
10.Are you an avid reader?
I try to be, yeah!
11.On your last trip where did you go?
In the nooks and crannies of Kolkata, before I left the city to come home after college ended.
11 Questions for my Nominees:
- Tell me, in one sentence, what is your blog about?
- Who is your best friend?
- Do you have pets?
- If you could meet one person from any period in history (it may even be fictional), who would it be?
- What is the sweetest thing someone ever did for you?
- Which were the best years of your life – childhood, youth or whichever age you’re now?
- Do you suffer from any kind of phobia?
- Can you spend the day without looking at the clock?
- Which is the cutest animal that you’ve ever seen for real?
- Do wishes come true?
- The last but not the least, the classic one: Love is ……………
- A Reading Writer
- Anand’s Parodies and Caricatures
- The Idler Channel
- What the Woman Wrote
- My Enduring Bones
- Can I Inspire You?
- Elle’s Adventure in China
- Simple Moments of Life
- Arpita’s Travelogue
- Staying the Course
I have been fortunate enough to meet some great people while blogging on WordPress and would have happily nominated them, only if they did not have the No Award Policy.
A word for my nominees: I know this Award makes you work hard, and the response post demands to be long, but what good is an Award if we don’t have to work hard for it? I’d love if you all accept the nomination. But if you don’t, that is okay too! So, have fun with the post. I’m looking forward to your responses.
Whoa, I have done it! And you’ve done it too – thank you so much for reading the whole post!