I was off to Pondicherry from 29th to 31st January. The trip was one of the most awaited things on my ‘To-do’ list, so I am glad it happened and that I am back from the trip with truckload of memories. Here’s the highlights from the trip along with some pictures. Enjoy!
- Overnight train journey on Friday (28th) with a friend and three of her college friends – two of whom I got to know on the trip itself
- Ordering and eating Pizza at the train station – it was fun telling the Domino’s folks, “No, not Flat No. 6, it’s Platform 6, please!”
- Trying French bread at Baker’s Street, which wasn’t exactly pleasing to my taste buds
- Visiting the Sacred Heart Church
- We stayed at the Fab Esparan Hotel – which wasn’t exactly up to my liking looks-wise, but the people were real nice – they let us keep our luggage for more than 8 hours post check out for FREE!
- Tried out wood-fired Pizza at Cafe Xtasi – I am not really a pizza person, but I liked the thin crust pizza from there
- My first tryst with oceans and beaches – Rock Beach, Serenity Beach and Paradise Beach
- In those few days, I explored so many sides to beach life –
- watching the dark, choppy waters just before sunrise
- watching the sun rise like red ball through the clouds over Bay of Bengal
- sitting through the afternoon and watch evening fall on the sea
- watching fishing boats on the sea
- watching people sunbathe with books – just like they show in movies
- Visiting Auroville
Have you been to Pondicherry? Which places did you visit? Which eateries did you try out? Share your experience with me!